What can patients/residents and families expect after admission to our facility?
Upon arrival to Avon Health Center, our skilled social workers will perform an initial psycho-social assessment, including family history, living situations and other social factors With the resident and family, we can:
- Review a diagnosis
- Assess medications
- Provide treatment recommendations
- Advocate for patient and family rights
During a patient’s/resident’s time in our facility, the Social Services Department will also work to resolve any issues of placement, lifestyle changes and illness. Patients and families also have the option to work with an experienced psychiatrist.
The transition from home to a nursing facility can take an emotional toll on patients/residents and their families. Our social workers provide supportive counseling services, including:
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Family meetings
- Grief/bereavement counseling
The Social Services Department serves as an educational resource for patients/residents and their families during their stay at Avon Health Center. Our social workers can offer:
- Advance Care Planning
- Advance Directives information
- Information about dementia, cancer, heart disease and other medical conditions
What can patients and families expect upon discharge from our facility?
Discharge planning is a process from the moment of admission to Avon Health Center, especially for short-term rehab or sub-acute patients. Our team actively works to ensure our short-term patients will have all the resources they need upon returning home.
Our professional Social Services Department plays an important role in helping residents adjust and thrive in the community. You can count on our staff to serve as advocates for patient and family rights and for medical and educational materials.
The Social Services Department helps patients settle back into their lives at home upon discharge from Avon Health Center. Throughout the process, you can rely on our experienced staff to:
- Offer information about dementia, cancer, heart disease and other medical concerns.
- Provide detailed financial information, insurance information and advanced directives information.
- Find family support, bereavement and other support groups.
Our Social Workers help coordinate the necessary services needed upon discharge when patients complete their stay with us. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Continuing care from a visiting nurse that you can trust
- Home health aides with only the best reputations
- Meals on Wheels
- Physical and/or occupational at-home therapy
- Any equipment needed