Our skilled nursing facility has proudly been recognized by the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) for our achievements through the Quality Initiative Recognition Program.
As one of more than 13,500 member facilities, we met and exceeded their Quality Initiative goals for skilled nursing care in 2017.
What Is the Quality Initiative Recognition Program?
Launched in 2012, the Quality Initiative Program was designed to challenge skilled nursing facilities and assisted living communities to improve their patient care. The AHCA annually recognizes nursing care member centers that achieve four or more of the following goals:
- Decrease turnover rates among nursing staff by 15% from 2015 or achieve/maintain at or less than 40%.
- Adopt Core-Q customer satisfaction questionnaire and measure and upload data to LTC Trend Tracker.
- Reduce the number of unintended health care outcomes.
- Safely reduce the number of hospital readmissions within 30 days during a skilled nursing center stay by a total of 30% from December 2011 or achieve and maintain a low rate of 10%.
- Improve discharge back to the community by 10% from December 2014 or achieve and maintain a high rate of at least 70%.
- Improve functional outcomes by 10% from December 2015 or maintain an average rate of improvement of 75%.
- Safely reduce the off-label use of antipsychotics in long-stay nursing center residents by a total of 30% from December 2011.
- Safely reduce hospitalizations among long-stay residents by 15% from December 2014 or achieve/maintain a low rate of 10% or less.
Specifically, Avon Health Center improved discharge to community, reduced long-stay use of antipsychotics, reduced long-stay hospital re-hospitalizations, increased staff stability by reducing turnover and implemented CoreQ customer satisfaction questionnaire & measure.
The entire team at Avon Health Center is honored to be recognized for this incredible achievement,” said Russell Schwartz, Director of Operations. “We are proud to improve care for our patients and residents. Our commitment to quality will continue.
About Avon Health Center
Avon Health Center is a 120-bed skilled nursing facility that specializes in short-term rehabilitation, long-term care and respite care. Our professional and friendly medical staff and support team work hard to ensure residents can maintain their independence and quality of life. Families can be confident that their loved ones are in caring and capable hands at Avon Health Center. To learn more about our Admissions process, contact us today!
« Can Your Diet Prevent Dementia?